Thank you for your interest in the “Chef at the Market Program”. The purpose of this program is to bring attention to the Homer Farmers Market produce vendors and to teach consumers how to prepare and cook all the great Alaska Grown and locally produced foods available at the Market. Chef demonstrations will be held at the HFM Saturday from 10:00am to 12:00pm (some changes in times depending on musical entertainment that day). We will also be hosting one Wednesday demo per month from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Below are some guidelines and information on the program. Please contact Margarida Kondak to schedule a date for your demonstration or if you have additional questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) Chefs must fill out the program registration sheet and turn it in to Margarida or Lauren along with any recipes used in the demo. (Recipes will automatically be considered for submission in an upcoming HFM Cookbook and will be published in our weekly newsletter. You will be credited in both places.)
2) Chefs are responsible for coordinating all necessary ingredients and supplies, setting up prior to demo time, and cleaning up after the program. Any extra promotion that you can do is appreciated, i.e. Facebook posts, community calendar, etc.
3) We encourage the use of simple cooking techniques and recipes that are easy for the general public to understand and re-create at home. Please bring 30 copies of your recipe(s) to pass out to attendees.
4) Demos should feature locally grown and in-season produce which is available at the Market, and Alaskan Grown/produced ingredients.
5) Chefs will be paid $100 for each demo and reimbursed up to $50 for ingredients and supplies (please submit receipts). Chefs are expected to purchase as much as possible from market vendors. Please let them know you are using their product in your demo so that we can exemplify the value of the program.
Thanks for your interest…let’s get cooking!